Saturday, May 16, 2009

Weekend in SF

A couple weekends ago, Chelsea and I went on a little trip to San Francisco. It was a nice, relaxing, and very rainy weekend. It was really great to spend time just the two of us. It sounds strange considering we live together, but the truth is we actually don't see each other much with our busy schedules.

So, we drove up to the city when Chelsea got off work on Friday. All that was open when we got there (besides bars) was this little Italian cafe about 2 blocks from the hotel. I had Penne Gorgonzola and it was soooo delicious. It was the type of family owned little place where you could just sit and talk for hours. I think that was the best meal we had all weekend.

The next day, we got up early and stood in line for Giants Photo Day. We went last year and it was awesome. We got pictures with all the players we loved. This year was a little disappointing. They weren't really allowed to stop and take pictures with people and they weren't allowed to shake hands or anything. (Probably because of the Swine Flu.) We had to take pictures of the guys walking by, so most of them are blurry. It was also raining the whole time we were in line. Luckily it cleared up a little when the guys came out. We almost thought it was a waste of time after all the guys left until we realized that two of the players were still making their way around the field, stopping to take pictures with every single person. Tim Lincecum and Barry Zito. I can't even tell you how long they had to stay out there to get through 3,000 fans. They even said a few words to each person and never acted like they were in a rush.











Then, we stayed for the Giants game. Well, most of it anyway. We left when they were behind 5-0 and it started raining.
From there we went to Pier 39, ate at Hard Rock Cafe and went to the Wharf. Chelsea wanted to go in the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. She had to talk me into it, but we came to a compromise. We would go to the museum and then do something I wanted to do later, which was going to the movies to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. (Great movie, by the way. Check it out if you like the X-Men movies.) We packed a lot into the day. It was amazing because it had been pouring that morning, but by the time we got to the Pier it was PERFECT San Francisco weather. Sunny with a breeze, no jacket needed.

The next morning, it was raining again so we skipped our plan to go to Union Square and ate breakfast at a cafe before heading home. It was a great mini weekend for us. Just enough to get away from every day life.

And by the way, I'm never going to put pictures in my blog again. It was totally a pain in the butt. I accidentally deleted one or more pictures 5 different times, I couldn't get them where I wanted them to go, and I submitted my blog once before it was finished. Grrr...

7 comments:

  1. What a great weekend for you guys! Even in the rain San Francisco can be a terrific place to bum around and sightsee.

    I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one having trouble placing my pictures where I want them. So far, I haven't been successful so I haven't posted any.

    We loved your blog. Sometime maybe you can tell us where that little Italian restaurant is. Good ones that don't cost a fortune are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! Now we REALLY want to come out there for another visit. :-) Nick still wants to go to San Fransisco and do all of that fun stuff. :-)

    It took me quite awhile to figure out how to easily add pictures to my blog. I agree, it's still kind of a pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures do get easier, I promise!

    Yum, gorgonzola....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't stop posting pics! I love them even if they are a pain (by the way I don't think you're allowed to use the "b" word in your postings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK. I'm ready for some stories about work. I'd like to hear some of those heart-warming and messy tales about, well, tails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for an awesome SF weekend! Next stop: VEGAS!

    ReplyDelete